Join our Team.
Help inspire the next generation of leaders.
If you are looking for an educator position that continues to support your love of teaching in a child-centered environment, then the Long Island Explorium is the ideal place for you.
Many people don’t think of museums as making social change in communities, but the Long Island Explorium is playing a vital role on Long Island as a lighthouse of enriching STEM programs that foster inventive thinking and serves as a catalyst for empowerment. Our vision is to be a leader in STEM discovery, learning, and innovation that will shape the intellect, social values, and principles of future generations.
Our Education team is scaling up. We are looking for part-time educators with a passion for driving child-centered learning, balanced with a keen understanding of supporting social-emotional needs during these challenging times.
- Strong knowledge of STEM concepts, especially engineering and technology, and skills to effectively offer challenge-based, interdisciplinary STEM activities.
- Ability to effectively integrate ELA and Math standards into STEM programming.
- Personable team-player and possess a can-do attitude with a high comfort level teaching via online platforms.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- The ability to speak Spanish is a huge asset.
- Coding, Robotics
- Environmental and Sustainability studies
- Special Education training
Salary Range: $26K - $28K. Up to 20 hrs per week.
Opportunity to transition to full-time employment in 2022.
- Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Please put in your subject line: Fall 2021 Recruitment
Deadline for Application - October 15th, 2021
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. So, please submit your application as soon as possible.