Each workshop will be facilitated by a Long Island Explorium trained facilitator who will guide the participants
- through the rationale of our workshop design,
- understanding the “big idea” of each workshop,
- how the workshop components relate to the cross cutting concepts.
Participants will experience supporting techniques, tips for engaging students, suggestions, demonstrations and practice in how to lead meaningful conversation around STEM topics and ideas about how to integrate the workshop with ELA, math, social studies and other curricular topics.
Participants will take home:
- Workshop documentation, a list of Next Generation Science Standards, lesson plan, materials list, additional supporting documents relevant to the workshop, a power point to support instruction, Exit Slips to support evidence based writing, and take home questions to engage caregivers.
- Consumable supplies related to the workshop of the day for 30 students (at an extra cost)
Participants may select from one or more of the workshops listed. Professional development programs vary from 90 mins to full day sessions (8 hrs). Each contact hour ( hr) earns one (1) CTLE credit. Workshops can be scheduled by calling Eileen Tambone, Manager, Educational Programs at 631-331-3277 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now for our upcoming 2018 workshops.
Dec 5th, 4pm. Deadline to register: Nov 28th, 2018.
Cost $45 per workshop per person.
Space is limited. Registration is on a first come, first served basis.