The Long Island Explorium is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization and could not operate without the contributions of our volunteers who contribute their time, ideas, and energy. Their unique talents enable the Explorium to offer its current level of services to the community.
All of us at the Long Island Explorium are committed to providing an enriched experience for children and their parents through a hands-on challenge-based approach to learning. We strive to provide an engaging experience that can only be achieved by the combined efforts of a dedicated skilled team of employees and volunteers. The volunteer program is flexible, matching available opportunities to your talent and availability.
We are recruiting Volunteers for 2022!
- Museum Guides - spend your summer interacting with children and families while sharing your passion for STEM and the Arts. ( 15 years and above)
- Senior Museum guides - Leadership position for mature individuals overseeing museum open hours and volunteers. (18 years and above)
- Maker Faire Long Island 2023 - Organizing committee members. Special event planning, outreach, onsite event help, fundraising ( 15 years and above)
- Journalists of the future - you are passionate about STEM, gender equity, social justice, climate science, and the environment. We are looking for individuals who LOVE to write, especially for an online and web audience. ( 15 years and above)
- Social media copywriters - you have a knack for delivering strong messages using very few words. You thrive on grabbing the reader's attention and driving them to action. ( 15 years and above)
- Citizen Scientists - provide the scientific community with valuable data, and give you as a participant first-hand experience in science practices. https://longislandexplorium.org/citizen-science/.
- Management Support - Fundraising, Marketing, Program Development, Human Resources, Financial Planning ( potential pipeline for positions on the Board of Directors) ( 21 and above)
WORK FOR US
We're HIRING NOW. Deadline for application: September 30th or until positions are filled.
Join our Team and help inspire the next generation of leaders.
Enriching and empowering lives through STEM
If you are looking for an educator position that continues to support your love of teaching in a child-centered environment, then the Long Island Explorium is the ideal place for you.
We are currently accepting applications for both in person and virtual teaching opportunities.