We are excited to kick off 2021 with our brand new, YET time tested program,
“Wonder STEM Lab”.
We have taken the best features of our LIVE hands-on, interactive STEM workshops and enhanced them with the practical convenience of at-home learning using innovative STEM activities, with all materials to be mailed to you in advance.
- You’ll be assured of a high-quality program that is child-centered, developmentally appropriate with learning materials adapted to a virtual setting.
- Your child will receive a high level of personal engagement with educators virtually to promote social and emotional well-being in a challenging pandemic.
- You and your child will develop fond memories of their experiences engaging in STEM that form the foundation for lifelong skill development and learning.
Beginning in February, each month will focus on a different theme in STEM. Watch their faces light up as they discover February’s Physics Wonder Lab, with inventive circuits that really light up, hair-raising static electricity experiments, and an interactive Zoom workshop that’ll get you all in a spin!
So, get ready to explore the wonders of science and the world of Physics in your very own at-home STEM Wonder Lab!
Geared towards grades K- 6th.
Each month, you will receive:
- A box containing instructions and materials for two STEM experiments. Grades K-2 might need some adult assistance working on their projects,
- Materials for another “MYSTERY” STEM experiment, which your child will work on together with our educators to complete during the LIVE Zoom workshop!
- Submit your questions for the following month’s STEM topic to be answered by a real-life expert.
- BONUS! Access to a Google Classroom where you can ask questions, chat with our educators, make new friends, connect with old ones, and showcase your inventions and experiments.
Building a STRONGER tomorrow. Enriching and empowering lives through STEM.
Founded in 2005, the Long Island Explorium is committed to the development of programs and exhibits deeply rooted in research and evidence-based practice. Our programs are aligned with NYSSLS, ELA, Math, and Social Studies Standards.
The impact of the pandemic will be felt well into 2021 and beyond. We are counting on your continued investment in our mission to move forward. Your financial support will allow us to link adults, kids, and families together in ways illustrating that ideas, inspiration, hard work, and the failing-forward spirit result in amazing things.
For the past 15 years, we have burned a bright torch that illuminated the wonders, opportunities, and hope that science can hold for our future generations. The pandemic has dimmed our bright torch, but with your support, we look forward to burning brightly again and continuing to scale up our impact on all those who visit the Explorium and participate in our programs.
Please consider a donation to the Explorium by visiting our Support Page https://longislandexplorium.org/support-us/
During these challenging times, our staff are working diligently with limited resources to bring an engaging and joyful experience for our community. All registration fees are non-refundable but can be rescheduled based on availability.